Wednesday 16 February 2011

Ciara.... Label drop or Label Crisis Affecting Artists?


There were rumors that Ciara had been dropped by her label (Jive) but after the speculations Ciara finally announced via Facebook page that....
“This week the net has been a buzz of the rumor that I have been dropped from my label. At this point that rumor is false… It is true that I have asked and I pray that my label will release me… The past two albums have been very frustrating for me.”
Goodies Sold 124,750 
Evolution Sold 338,000

then she went on saying...

“At times there were songs I chose to lead a project and I was ignored! This project, I even tried to get Gimmie Dat started. I spent tens of thousands of my own money only to hear the radio PDs tell me my label didn’t want the song played. I even spent more than one hundred thousand dollars out of my pocket on the video to bring my vision to it and still no label support. I do understand that some labels are not financially supporting their artists and I have become one of them.”

Are Labels Such In Crisis That They  Don't Even Finance Their A-List Artists Anymore....?

Independent Releases Is the Future

No comments:

Post a Comment